entral Liverpool Credit Union
‘Our Credit Union did not have to develop a sense of community, convince anyone of the benefits of self-help or the principles of people helping people.The community
has demonstrated these values.
In 2011 Park Road, Edge Hill and L6 merged to become Central Liverpool Credit Union.We now cover the whole of Liverpool for those who live and work here!for generations.’
Satellite collections established in Community centres, Social clubs and Primary schools.
Public meetings organised to discuss establishing a Credit Union, at times over 100 people attending.
Park Road Community
Credit Union registered in 1989.
Park Road Central Credit Union moves into Pickwick Street and volunteer awards established
Move to Hyslop Street
Local schools, Youth Service and Youth Forum support
Park Road Community Credit Union
We had approx 8 volunteers and our Common Bond was just ‘Living’ in area rather then ‘Living and Working
accredited Credit Union Training course in Britain delivered at Development Weekends.
Computer introduced Pickwick Street
First collection was in St. Cyprians Church, Durning Road on Monday nights
Credit Union established in April/may 1993
Members and volunteers join in the fun at Dingle Festival 1999 with the Banner.
Membership reaches 5000 and Loans reach £1 million!
In 2011 Park Road, Edge Hill and L6 merged to become Central Liverpool Credit Union.
We now cover the whole of Liverpool for those who live
and work here!
New Head Office on Park Rd.
Walton Road Branch opens 2013
Helping Hand loans introduced
Moved to Kensington Membership continues to grow...
2013; Membership reaches (approx) 8,000 adults, 1500 young savers. Loans (approx) £3.8m
Central Liverpool Credit Union Maintains Park Road Community
Credit Union as a trading name at a local level.
Contact Liverpool 0151 708 5515